Strata plumbing presents a unique set of challenges that aren’t found in traditional commercial plumbing or residential plumbing specialties.As a strata manager, you need the right professional to ensure that those challenges are successfully overcome and that your property is well maintained.
To help you choose the right plumbing company, we’ve compiled this list of important traits that any strata plumbing service should have.
- Experience – Because strata plumbing is different than other types of plumbing, it’s important to look for a plumber with years of experience in the field. Opting for a residential or commercial plumber who has never worked in strata management settings before can result in disaster.
- Availability – To remain successful, keeping your tenants happy and willing to renew their leases year after year is crucial. Tenants understand that things can break, but when there’s a plumbing problem, they expect it to be fixed quickly and professionally. Your strata plumber should have 24/7 emergency services available to respond to problems whenever they occur, day or night and on evenings and weekends.
- Transparent pricing – The cost of maintaining your facilities greatly impacts your bottom line, making it important to know where every dollar is going in a project. Your strata plumber should supply you with detailed quotes that break down every cost in an easy-to-understand format. Any additional fees should be disclosed to you upfront as well.
- Quality guarantees – When you’ve invested in an improvement or repair in the fixtures in your units, the water heaters or the plumbing, you want that investment to last. A professional strata plumber should offer quality guarantees that their work is free of defects, and any products that they sell you should come with manufacturers’ warranties.
- Flexibility – A good strata plumber is equally willing to work with strata managers, real estate agents and tenants alike. Be wary of a plumbing company that wishes to work and communicate only with management.
- Thoroughness – Often, the best way to avoid costly plumbing problems is to perform preventative maintenance when things begin to wear out. Look for a strata plumber that will offer a full inspection of your facilities with every service call, so that potential problems can be spotted before they occur.
- State-of-the-art equipment – The plumbing industry has changed dramatically over the last few decades with new technologies emerging to help plumbers detect and repair problems. To ensure that you receive the best possible service, look for a plumbing company that have CCTV cameras, electric eels and water jetting equipment at their disposal.
- Multiple services – When you’re hiring a strata plumber, look for a professional company that can handle every aspect of your plumbing needs from fixing blocked drains to repairing and replacing broken fixtures to servicing water heaters. A well-rounded plumbing company should also be prepared to assist you with roof plumbing, gas leaks, pipe relining and flood assistance.
At Sydney Emergency Plumbing, we pride ourselves on our strata plumbing services and have years of experience in the field. To learn more about us, give us a call today.